Forums Forums Family Law Covid 19 and its impact on families

• Covid 19 and its impact on families

David updated 1 year, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Abiola

February 28, 2021 at 11:57 pm

One would have expected that given the Lockdown and Covid-19, that families would have more positive time together and possibly even have more children, but unfortunately that is not the case. In fact the lockdown has created more mental health issues, separation, domestic abuse and conflict in families.

• Sunday

Administrator
    March 1, 2021 at 3:10 am

Without doubt, COVID-19 has impacted all aspects of our lives especially the families or lack of family ties. However, my view is that the strength of the family bond or lack of it seems to be the pointer to how each person is able to adapt to the changes either by managing the stress/conflict or succumbing to it.

• David

March 26, 2021 at 11:30 am

I totally agree; individual adaptability is of paramount importance in handling the situation created by the global pandemic. I will also add, usually, forced ideas or situation do not necessarily birth the desired result. The lockdown was more of a force-majure than an anticipated, planned and appreciated reality. In fact, everyone was caught unawares while many families had nothing to live on. Put differently, it is a delighted heart that lights up other hearts.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Newsletter Subscription

Lagos Office

© 2022 Legal Nuggets Limited - All Rights Reserved