Forums Forums Small, Solo and General Practice How can a lawyer run a successful legal practice

• How can a lawyer run a successful legal practice

• Abiola

March 1, 2021 at 12:45 am

As a lawyer I was trained and studied everything related to law, but no one taught me about the business aspect of running a legal practice. As a sole practitioner, I did not have the resources to employ an HR person or even a bookkeeper. I had to learn it along the way, with a lot of trials and errors while at the same time, ensuring that I am compliant with my legal obligations to my clients, the law society and indeed the court. What are your challenges (if any) and how are you dealing with them or how have you overcome them.

• Johnson

March 1, 2021 at 12:50 am

Hi Abiola, I had the same challenges while I was practicing as a sole practitioner. Accounting has never been of interest to me. I had to outsource my bookkeeping and and accounting to an external professional. It worked well

• David

March 26, 2021 at 11:41 am

This, I believe, will resonate loud to many young lawyers in Nigeria. It was never a child’s play for me back then as well but I kept reminding myself what one of my revered law school lecturers told us “The road is rough but ensure you keep moving. keep believing and shun laziness, never throw in the towel no matter how tough it may seem. Soon, you would be proud you stood tall and unbending” That was my magic wand!

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Newsletter Subscription

Lagos Office

© 2022 Legal Nuggets Limited - All Rights Reserved